In today’s social and technological change environment, bigger transformations are proceeding regarding how we work and live life. We mention today’s time as a knowledge-based society, categorized by the spread of ICT, the Information and Communication Technologies and the increasing request for new learning methods and pedagogies that encourage lifelong education in the surrounding of social and technological changes. Technology has evolved a part of our day-to-day routine, and we can feel its need in every area of our lives. The reason is its convenience to our lives and its availability wherever we are present. Schools, offices, homes and many other places are incomplete without technology. The time it saves for us and the accessibility it provides in a human’s hands is amazing without any doubt. The motivation that technology brings in education is fascinating, and it is making the educational systems and the students want to switch learning towards smart learning. Many assignment writing service UK make it easier for the students to discuss their assignments online with 100% safety, and it is possible through technology.
We can already experience changes that technology is creating fast and bigger in higher education. The questions are not just about enhancing learning but also about the development of resources and skills, which are vital equally to bring a technological and social revolution with lifelong education. When we look at the ICT, we can see the fast spread and expansion of tech that does not support narrow publishing. It aims to assemble a community that brings all students and teachers together for collaborative learning and creating information.
In an article called Fragmented Future, Darcy DiNucii used Web 2.0. Then Tim O’Reilly voiced the name later during a conference, so, after multiple uses of the term, it is defined as a communicative and personalized form of the World Wide Web. It has the innate sectors, which are connection, participation and collaboration. Today students have noteworthy potential in meeting their requirements plus enhancing learning understandings by amusing prospects for schmoozing, collaboration plus personalization midst numerous observers regarding the phenomenon of Web 2.0.
In simple verses, Web 2.0 is a form of the Internet that is simpler to use. Moreover, it crosses so much more than we can think. Now the concept of sharing is a piece of information that has more value, and it is as much as the concept of propriety details. Web 2.0 enables people to collaborate and interact by social media discussion as the originator of user-generated content in a virtual society. It is a better version of Web 1.0 where people were limited to watching content in a passive method. Here are the examples of 2.0:
- Web application: Flickr and Google Docs
- Hosted services: Google Maps
- Wikis: MediaWiki
- Social networking: Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Video sharing websites: YouTube
- Blogs: Word Press
- Folksonomies: Delicious
- Podcasting: Podcast Alley
- Microblogging: Twitter
- Content hosting services and more
Advantages of Web 2.0 in education
Even though there were many challenges pointed out for implementing Web 2.0 in education, there are several advantages that will make tackling challenges worthwhile. These benefits are:
- Stability of proof, these are the tools that enable the students to make a learning proof portfolio, such as the utilization of blogs as a periodical portfolio of education considerations.
- Creation of the community is a kind of tool that encourages the creation of community as the students go on recognizing such as through particular trough sorts of contents, same interests.
- Numerous resources are the tools that access a range of information assets like documents, videos, presentations, pictures and more. These provide better learning activities for students.
- Significant and fast scopes are the requirements of today’s students, and Web 2.0 focuses on these and enable students to access more tools with the freedom to use them several times.
- Sharing and creating knowledge has never been this easy as it is now through Web 2.0. It provides tools to students that help them foster the wish to share and create their learning with peers. It is easier for the peers to check and see that what the students are doing is essential. In this procedure, students feel more engaged in learning and freely share their knowledge with colleagues easily.
Students find a fun environment because the tools like Facebook, Twitter, or Facebook create a neutral environment. After all, students can connect to their friends and colleagues and discuss the activities. A significant part of learning and abilities is present while interacting with other people in university or colleges in real life and on the Internet. The teachers scrutinize many education methods and structures for making empowering and rich learning environment. The settings that they develop by the institutions and faculty shape an individual’s learning environment. The transformation is from unusual to individual students. It leads learners to identify and hire those familiar surroundings that were designed, particularly for them or were already there in the setting.
Observation of students regarding Web 2.0 Since the Web 2.0 utensils deliver cooperation and communication plus learning exchange, it pressures fast development and growth of communion. An educational environment that Web 2.0 empowers substitutes a one-way stream of learning and information among students and teachers by exchanging knowledge and info in a network of learners. So what the students think about Web 2.0 because they love to use it, and it is very clear from their interest and engagement in it. They state that they want to utilize the most projection equipment in terms of hardware. Moreover, they wish to utilize the projection device; also, they want to use smartboard tools and their mobile phones. The number of students who want to integrate Web 2.0 in their education is very high, and by the ease, it brings to us, the student’s choice can never be different. As time moves ahead, requirements are increasing, and the majority wishes to use technology in anything they are using.